A Year of Resilience and Recovery
A Scope Special
In February 2021, FAWQ will publish a Scope Special, featuring short stories, poetry, articles and image submissions outlining the annus horribilis that was 2020
Please see below for a guide to what we envisage for the publication. However, it is stressed that these guidelines are flexible and not meant to inhibit the content of your submissions.
FAWQ (Fellowship of Australian Writers, Queensland) is seeking prose, poetry, and images with the theme of 2020 – A Year of Resilience and Recovery.
We WANT to hear about your trials, your tribulations, and your jubilations. No matter how little or how great, we want to share the smallest triumph as well as the biggest calamity. We want to share your path to healing.
This is not a competition and is open to all writers including international writers. And if you prefer not to write a story or poem, you can send an image, a photograph, with a paragraph or two about it, what it meant to you.
Selected entries will appear in a special edition of SCOPE in February 2021.
- Prose (2000 words max, Word .docx only)
- Poetry (40 lines max, Word .docx only)
- Images (Photography or art work, .jpeg 600) Artist statement (50 words) to be included
- Open to all, including international, writers, poets, and artists/photographers
- Electronic submission only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20 December 2020